The aim of the project is to raise awareness among young people (residents of 3 villages in Ivano-Frankivsk oblast) about fundamental human rights and mechanisms of its protection.
Target group: youth, age: 14-23 years, inhabitants of Ivano-Frankivsk region villages.
The results of the project were:
- 1 educational program was developed, and can be used for further work in other regions of Ukraine;
- A 3-day educational seminar was held in Stetseva village(Ivano-Frankivsk region) with the involvement of young people from 2 villages located nearby (village Potichok, village Podvysok);
- a questionnaire was conducted before and after the event to assess its effectiveness and identify the needs of young people regarding possible topics of further education
- The level of participants knowledge about the essence of human rights and its protection mechanisms has been raised;
- realized by the project participants the importance and necessity of human rights in their everyday life and further adult activities;
The project was implemented by the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union in cooperation with the Charitable Organization "Charitable Foundation" ProOsvita" within the framework of the Action Plan for the All-Ukrainian Educational Program" Understanding Human Rights "supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Human Rights in Action and with the assistance of the Snyatyn City Council Education Department.